Tomorrow the 8th –generation Volkswagen Golf will make its official debut. Now we’re finalizing our ‘excursion’ into history of the legendary model with the Mk7.
The seventh-generation VW Golf world premiere took place on September 4, 2012 in Berlin.
The design became more precise and clear than ever. Volkswagen reduced the overall weight by 100 kg, cut fuel consumption by 23%.
Safety remained at the high level, some new assistance technologies added: the multi-collision brake and Front Assist area monitoring system with City Emergency Brake.
Many derivatives with different drivetrains – electric, hybrid, racing – debuted.
Golf Mk7 annual figures
- world premiere;
- first delivery in November.
- debuts of the Golf 4MOTION, Golf GTI, Golf GTD, Golf Variant, Golf R
- debuts of the e-Golf, Golf GTE, Golf SV, Golf R Variant;
- 40 years anniversary celebration (March, Wolfsburg).
- debuts of the Golf GTI Clubsport, Golf GTD Variant;
- premieres of the Golf R Touch and Connect Golf concept cars at CES in Las Vegas.
- “40 years of the Golf GTI” celebration at the Nürburgring in June;
- Golf GTI Clubsport S debuts.
- production line update;
- Volkswagen Golf Sportsvan restyling.
- premiere of the GTI TCR Concept
- Golf GTI TCR debuts.
World premiere Golf 8
The world premiere of the Golf Mk8 will be broadcasted live on Thursday, October 24, 2019, from 06.00 pm until 07.50 pm CEST (04.00 pm GMT – 05.50 pm GMT): https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/en/live-stream-5455.