Toyota Camry headed the US TOP 10 mid-sized cars in the 1st half of 2018, though its sales, as well as the Honda Accord‘s (the second) fell in Q2.
Totally 872,876 new cars of the Mid-sized segment were sold in the USA in the first half of 2018. Decline was close to 12% in both quarters. The new Toyota Camry (top-pictured), Honda Accord and even the forthcoming Nissan Altima and Subaru Outback will unlikely help to lift the segment’s fortunes in 2018.
The Subaru Outback, which is replaced soon, showed itself as the best performing model in the segment in 2018. It outsold the Ford Fusion, though the latter overtook the Outback in Q1.
After 2% decline in Q1, the Chevrolet Malibu recorded the worse 15% sales drop in the second quarter.
The Volkswagen Passat, Hyundai Sonata and the Kia Optima predictably turned up to be losers of the TOP 10 list with their largest sales decline.
See the list below:
- Toyota Camry – 178,795 units, +1%;
- Honda Accord – 138,290 units, -14%;
- Nissan Altima – 123,792 units, -15%;
- Subaru Outback – 90,978 units, +5%;
- Ford Fusion – 86,978 units, -19%
- Chevrolet Malibu – 75,542 units, -10%;
- Hyundai Sonata – 54,235 units, -29%;
- Kia Optima – 46,876 units, -22%;
- VW Passat – 22,356 units, -36%;
- Subaru Legacy – 21,415 units, -16%.