The refreshed 2021 Tesla Model 3 will be reaching customers soon. The manufacturer made interior and exterior changes, and increased the driving range.
We’d like to draw attention to several improvements made for the convenience of customers:
- A power trunk lid that can be closed with a push of a button, and a new weather stripping to protect against water accumulation
- Door exit buttons like on the Model Y, which allow to open the door easier and safer
- A steering wheel with classier metallic thumb scroll wheels
- Five USB ports, including one addition port in the car’s glove box you can use for Sentry Mode; a 64 GB USB thumb drive is added as standard.
- A suede wireless charger
- New center console design
- A heat pump HVAC system (already introduced on the Model Y).
Certainly, we can’t help mentioning a new set of optional 19-inch wheels, and a new exterior trim with black accents instead of the previous chrome one.
Range, Sprint Times
The 2021 Tesla Model 3 Long Range can now go 353 miles (plus 30 miles to the range of the 2020 model). The Standard Range Plus model covers 263 miles (up from 250 miles). The Performance cars run 315 miles (up from 299 miles).
0-60 mph acceleration times have been cut, too. Long-range vehicles now cover this distance in 4.2 seconds (3.7 sec. with the optional boost). The previous figures were 4.4 and 3.9 seconds, respectively. Performance models make the 0-60 mph sprint in 3.1 seconds instead of 3.2 sec.
A video below gives a more detailed look at the 2021 Tesla Model 3:
Source: Driving UpCar, InsideEVs