The new generation Ford Focus has won the top 5-Star safety rating from the Euro NCAP Committee. What technologies and engineering solutions helped achieving such a high level?
The new car has become one of the first to win the maximum score according to new, stricter crash test protocols.
In the process of creating Ford tested the new vehicle at the stand in German Cologne. The model received in particular 3 radars, 2 cameras and 12 ultrasound sensors. Engineers improved the body structure.
The list of functions that help drivers not to be distracted from the road includes:
- Adaptive cruise control with Stop & Go function;
- Speed Sign Recognition;
- Adaptive Front Lighting System;
- Head-up display (HUD) available for the first time for European customers.
The list of functions for avoidance of collisions or minimizing their consequences includes:
- Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian and Cyclist Detection Systems;
- Evasive Steering Assist System;
- Wrong Way Alert;
- Blind Spot Information System with Cross Traffic Alert.
The functions contributing to increasing the level of passenger safety during a collision are:
- Post-Collision Braking System;
- increased by 40% resistance to impact loads during the frontal collision (compared to the previous-generation cars), thanks to the body structure 33% made up of high strength steel and borated steel elements;
- driver and front passenger airbags, front side airbags, front and rear safety curtains;
- Support for eCall functions in the Focus models equipped with a built-in FordPass modem.
In addition, the unique Ford development debuted in the Focus – the Stability Control System.
Porsche has announced the exact time, place and date of the new generation Porsche 911 premiere.
The iconic car will be shown in Carson near Los Angeles (California, USA) on the eve of the 2018 LA Auto Show. It happens on Tuesday, November 27 at 8 p.m. local time or on Wednesday, November 28, at 5 a.m. in Central Europe. Live broadcasting will be available in English at newTV.porsche.de
The fans of the model can see exclusive video content free of charge with no registration on the mentioned portal.
Porsche has released a shadowy teaser video. It tells about the coming event and gives the public a better view of the long-awaited 8th-generation model.
We can’t see the 2020 Porsche 911 (992) in full now. However, we can be sure the newcomer retains the timeless design of its predecessor.
We do not expect the carmaker will bring high-end versions to the Los Angeles show. Porsche is likely teasing us with the base Carrera or the Carrera S. The pre-production prototype of the latter was a subject of a ride along event Porsche held in October.
We await the new Porsche 911 will get the newest eight-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission, matrix LED headlights and many other up-to-date things.
There’s no doubt the successful sports car will be a highlight of the upcoming auto show.