Nissan offers a useful feature that relieves anxiety about properly inflated tires – the Easy-Fill Tire Alert System.
Nissan has sold more than nine million vehicles in the USA equipped with an industry-first Easy-Fill Tire Alert technology. It is currently available in 13 models of the brand, namely Altima, Armada, Frontier, Kicks, Leaf, Maxima, Murano, Pathfinder, Rogue, Rogue Sport, Sentra, Titan, Versa.
Unlike standard systems to monitor tire pressure, Nissan’s Easy-Fill Tire Alert helps fill tires easily to the correct pressures at a filling station or a garage, with no need to use a handheld pressure device or to look up the right tire pressure numbers.
How it works:
- After the vehicle is put in park, with the ignition on and the engine off, and the air begins to fill the tire, the exterior lights start flashing to indicate the Easy-Fill Tire Alert system is monitoring how air pressure changes
- The vehicle horn sounds when you reach the correct tire pressure. Hazard indicators flash 3 times, and the horn sounds again in case the tire is over-inflated, and it’s necessary to release some air
Some facts now*:
- About 11,000 crashes related to tires annually happen in America, over 600 people die in them
- Keeping tires properly inflated saves fuel up to 11% per gallon, and extends a tire’s life by 4,700 miles.
- Improperly inflated tires are risky for drivers, they may cost consumers money due to premature tire wear and reduced fuel economy
*according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
Source: Nissan USA