The new 2021 Land Rover Discovery 7-seater brings more comfort and versatility, efficient 48V MHEV powertrains, enhanced connectivity, and an innovative Pivi Pro infotainment system.
- The 2021 model exterior features new distinctive LED head- and tail lights, fresh front and rear bumpers.
- Inside, the company improves the center console with an advanced Pivi Pro infotainment with a large 11.4-inch HD touchscreen. Software-over-the-air updates are available now. New second-row seats offer superior comfort.
- A new cabin air Ionization system with PM2.5 air filtration monitors air quality inside and filters harmful particulates.
- Additional convenience is achieved through the next-gen wearable Activity Key, Click and Go tablet holders for two-row passengers, and Intelligent Seat Fold technology.
- To optimize efficiency, the Intelligent All-Wheel Drive automatically distributes torque to the axle that needs it most.
- The model boasts the best-in-class towing capacity of 7,716 pounds (3,500 kg), and Advanced Tow Assist to help during difficult reversing maneuvers.
The 2021 Land Rover Discovery receives the latest efficient straight-six Ingenium gasoline and diesel engines with 48-volt mild hybrid electric vehicle technology.
The new Discovery is among the world’s first full-sized seven-seat premium SUVs with RDE2-certified and Euro 6d-Final-compliant diesels.
The engine range includes:
- P300: 221 kW (296.4 hp), 2.0-liter 4-cylinder gasoline, 295 lb-ft (400 Nm) of torque at 1,500-4,500 rpm
- P360: 265 kW (355 hp), 3.0-liter 6-cylinder MHEV gasoline, 369 lb-ft (500 Nm) of torque at 1,750-5,000 rpm
- D250: 183 kW (245.4 hp), 3.0-liter 6-cylinder MHEV diesel, 420.4 lb-ft (570 Nm) of torque at 1,250-2,250 rpm
- D300: 221 kW (296.4 hp), 3.0-liter 6-cylinder MHEV diesel, 479.4 lb-ft (650 Nm) of torque at 1,500-2,500 rpm
The 2021 model costs from £53,655 on the home market. It is already available for order in the United Kingdom.
The 2021 new Discovery is expected in the United States by the end of this year priced between $55,250 for a base car and $70,250 for the range-topping model.
Source: Land Rover