New, evolved 2023 Ram ProMaster full-size van for commercial customers debuted yesterday at the special event in Indiana, the USA. The model reaches dealers in the 3rd quarter of this year.
The Ram ProMaster has been unveiled at the National Truck Equipment Association’s Work Truck Week trade show in Indianapolis. Exterior changes include a new front fascia incorporating LED headlights and fog lamps.
The van will be available in 19 configurations, including 3 roof heights, 3 wheelbases, 4 vehicle lengths which result in 8-, 10-, 12, 13-ft cargo lengths. The towing capacity is 6,910 pounds, while the vehicle’s payload achieves 4,680 pounds.
The 2023 Ram ProMaster comes with a front-wheel-drive system and a new-generation 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 making 276 hp and 250 lb.-ft. of torque. The engine pairs a TorqueFlite 9-speed automatic transmission, exclusive for the segment.
- A segment-exclusive rear roll-up door with anodized aluminum in its construction serves to satisfy the cargo loading and unloading requirements, for example, to ease parcel handling
- A new super-high roof configuration on the 13-foot cargo van adds 10 inches of headroom
- The Parallel and Perpendicular Park Assist system uses ultrasonic sensors to guide the driver in and out of parking spaces.
- A new option Black Appearance Package offers a black grille, badges, and alloy wheels
- A new black-machined face or a silver wheel is available, as well as two new exterior colors – Ceramic Gray and Spitfire Orange
One more useful feature the 2023 ProMaster offers is the standard Ram Telematics Module that enables nearly 50 service functions: Firmware Over the Air updates, Apps Over the Air, 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot, Alexa & Google Home-to-Vehicle Assistant, others.
Next year, Stellantis will launch a battery-electric version of the Ram ProMaster in response to high demand, and the first commercial customer to receive it will be Amazon.