For the 2023 model year, the BMW M8 will be available in America exclusively as Competition models in Coupe, Gran Coupe and Convertible body styles. BMW will commence producing the vehicle in March.
The 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe will go into production in early spring 2022. All vehicles come with a 4.4-liter V8 engine that adopts the M TwinPower Turbo technology. The system power achieves 617 hp at 6,000 rpm, the torque is 553 pound-feet achieved between 1,850-5,860 rpm.
The M xDrive all-wheel-drive system distributes power to the wheels via an eight-speed M Steptronic transmission with Drivelogic. The BMW M8 Competition accelerates from 0-60 in 3.0 seconds. The top speed is 190 mph.
The standard equipment is rich and includes, among other things, the following features:
- Adaptive M Suspension
- M Sport Exhaust System and Differential
- 20-inch M Star-spoke wheels
- Performance Non-Runflat Tires
- M Sport Seats and M Seat Belts
- Adaptive LED Headlights with Liserlight and Shadowline inserts
- M Carbon Roof, Carbon Fiber Trim
- Automatic High Beams
- Harman Kardon Surround Sound System
- BMW Assist eCall, TeleServices, SiriusXM
- Live Cockpit Professional
- Alcantara Anthracite Headliner
- Soft-Close Automatic Doors
- Heated Front Seats, Armrests, and Steering Wheel
- Connected Package Professional
- 12.3-inch Central Display
Moreover, there are five new exterior colors customers can choose from.
This year, starting from March, BMW offers an optional classic BMW Motorsport logo for its M8 Competition models to commemorate BMW M GmbH’s 50th anniversary.