The engine is the heart of the car and its reliability is one of the important factors of car owner satisfaction. Here is a pick of the most reliable gasoline engines you can meet in vehicles today.
If a modern vehicle is able to cover around 300,000 miles or more with no need for serious engine repair, this engine can be considered reliable. The engines mentioned below have proven their reliability, and, to keep you on the road, they can do without frequent repairs or maintenance.
We draw your attention to the fact that all engines on the list belong to Japanese automotive brands. So, the engines used by Japanese manufacturers in their models are the most reliable, according to TorqueNews, and it’s hard to disagree.
The TOP 10 most reliable gasoline engines are as follows:
1. A 4.6-liter V8 in Lexus models, such as an LX;
2. An 1GR-FE 4.0L V6 in Toyota SUVs and pickups, like the 4Runner, Tundra, Land Cruiser Prado;
3. A 2.0-liter naturally aspirated 4-cylinder engine in Honda models (Civic and others);
4-5. 2.0- and 2.5-liter direct-injection inline 4-cylinder engines in Toyota cars (Camry, Corolla, etc);
6. A 4-cylinder hybrid engine in Toyotas (Camry, RAV4, Tacoma, Land Cruiser);
7. Honda’s 2.0-liter hybrid (HEV) engine in the CR-V, Civic, or Accord;
8. A 3.5-liter V6 for such Toyota models as the Camry, Sienna, RAV4, Avalon or Highlander, and the Lexus RX;
9. A 3.5-liter V6 in Hondas (Odyssey, Ridgeline);
10. Skyactiv-G 4-cylinder 2.0 and 2.5L engines in Mazda models: CX-5, CX-30, CX-9, Mazda3, and Mazda6.