New all-electric cars on sale have been ranked by their energy efficiency.
InsiveEVs has made the ranking of pure electric models in terms of their energy consumption, which is no less important for car owners than a driving range.
They used U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) ratings as a reference.
The most efficient cars (according to the latest data) are as follows:
- Hyundai Ioniq Electric – 248 Wh/mile (154 Wh/km)
- Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus – 253 Wh/mile(157 Wh/km)
- Tesla Model 3 Standard Range – 257 Wh/mile (160 Wh/km)
The whole list see below.
- the average ratio WLTP/EPA is 1.121 with a standard deviation of 0.092;
- the average ratio NEDC/EPA is 1.428 with a standard deviation of 0.161.