Mercedes-Benz has reported its sales results of 2019. The brand managed to surpass certain millstones last year and set several records.
The company can be really proud of its achievement in terms of sales in 2019.
- By sales volume, 2019 was the historical best for Mercedes: 2,339,562 deliveries, +1.3% to 2018.
- The carmaker celebrated sales increase for the 9th consecutive year.
- Since 2016, the brand has remained No.1 in the luxury segment.
- For the first time, it surpassed the milestone of 600,000 passenger cars sold within one quarter. The 4th quarter of 2019 became the all-time best with 614,319 sales and increase by 3.2%.
- Sales grew in all three main markets – China, Germany and the USA. China has remained the main driver with a 6.2% growth and a new record year.
- In full 2019, Mercedes-Benz maintained its market leadership in the luxury segment in 16 markets on five continents.
- Asia-Pacific region achieved best-ever sales: 977,922 units sold (+3.7%), 693,443 of them in China.
- Mercedes achieved the highest sales volume in Germany in the past 10 years: 318,353 vehicles (+4.8%).
- New sales records were set in Switzerland, Poland, Denmark and Hungary.
- SUVs were Mercedes-Benz’s strongest-selling segment in 2019: every third sold vehicle, about 783,700 units in total. Deliveries have increased every month since August, in particular thanks to new GLC and GLE.
- Last year, the Mercedes-Benz GLC was once again the best-seller among SUVs of the brand.
- The G-Class set a new record of 34,912 deliveries and celebrated a strong sales rise of more than 60%.
- In 2019, every fourth sold Mercedes-Benz was a compact car: more than 667,000 units (+9.5%). With the GLB launched in December 2019, the compact lineup of Mercedes now includes 8 models.
- This year, the new GLA will complete model changes for the current-generation compact Mercedeses.
- The C-Class sedan sales were record (+8.5%) in the Asia-Pacific region, they grew by double-digit rate in South Korea. Sales of a long-wheelbase version increased by 9% in China to a new peak.
- There were best-ever sales of the E-Class sedan and wagon in the Asia-Pacific region – China and South Korea. More than 351,000 units were delivered to customers.
- The S-Class sedan was the global best-seller in the luxury segment in 2019.71,700 units were sold last year. Deliveries increased above all in China.
- The Mercedes-Maybach S-Class was very popular setting a record – double-digit growth in China. the Mercedes-Maybach GLS will join in 2020.
- Mercedes-Benz delivered more than 163,600 roadsters, convertibles and coupés worldwide in 2019. The main markets were the USA, Germany, Great Britain.
- The C-Class Coupé and the CLS Coupé were the best-sellers too. The latter achieved strong double-digit sales growth worldwide.
- With a rise of 1.2% to about 63,500 units delivered last year, the V-Class achieved a new sales record thanks to buyers in Germany, Great Britain, Russia and Switzerland.
- Approximately 15,300 units of the X-Class were sold worldwide in 2019. The largest markets were Germany, Great Britain, Australia and South Africa, where sales grew double-digit.
- The year of 2019 was record for Mercedes-AMG: 132,136 units sold, double-digit increase of 11.8%.