Mercedes-Benz has made extensive refresh of the E-Class sedan (saloon) and wagon (estate).
The 2020 model receives more dynamic design and even more comfortable interior. It offers a choice of powertrains. Customer will be able to select from seven plug-in hybrids, petrol (gasoline) and diesel versions, rear- or all-wheel drive variants.
The E-Class electrified models will reach North American shores for the first time.
The list of updates is wide and includes:
- Avantgarde exterior trim,
- redesigned front headlamps and taillights, full-LED headlamps as standard,
- optional multibeam LED headlights,
- new radiator grille and front bumper,
- SUV-like all-terrain variant;
- next-generation driving assistance systems,
- new-gen steering wheel,
- Parking Package in conjunction with 360° camera,
- two 10.25-inch digital screens as standard,
- optional Widescreen cockpit with two 12.3-inch displays,
- MBUX with Linguatronic voice control (standard), augmented reality,
- Interior Assistant,
- Energizing comfort control;
Under the hood
- 2.0-liter 4-cylinder petrol M 254 turbocarged engine with ISG (Integrated Starter-Generator) and 48-volt on-board electrical system with rated output of 200+15 kW (272+20 hp),
- additional engine variants,
- off-road drive modes for the All-Terrain;
- new comprehensive category of products and options,
- intelligent interlinking of hardware and digital solutions for protection against theft and damage.
The best-selling Mercedes-Benz E-Class can well be called the “heart of the brand”. The tenth-generation model was launched in 2016. Bought by 1.2 million customers worldwide, it has become a real success.
The E-Class, both wagon and sedan, will begin to arrive at Europe’s dealer showrooms in summer 2020. A long-wheelbase version of the sedan for China, as well as the Coupé and Cabriolet, will follow soon thereafter.