On Friday Lexus unveiled a limited-run 2022 IS 500 F Sport Performance Launch Edition.
Lexus will sell this handsome car only in North America, and only in the quantity of 500 units. The manufacturer will inform of its price and available options closer to the market launch, which happens this fall.
Under the hood, you’ll see the same naturally aspirated 5.0-liter V8 engine that powers the standard Lexus IS 500. It generates 472 hp at 7,100 rpm, 395 lb-ft of peak torque at 4,800 rpm, and offers linear acceleration.
Unique features of this Launch Edition model, which make it stand out, include:
- exclusive Incognito color, all-new to the Lexus color spectrum;
- two-tone Black & Gray Ultrasuede trim for seats, door accents, center console;
- lighter 19-inch, 7-spoke forged alloy Matte Black BBS wheels;
- serialized Launch Edition badge;
- steering wheel’s silver ash wood treatment with black F SPORT Performance badging;
- exclusive Launch Edition startup animation of the F SPORT combination instrumentation meter.