The Euro NCAP committee has published the results of the latest crash tests. All cars achieved the highest 5-Star ratings.
There are 7 of them: Mercedes-Benz’s all-electric EQC and the second-gen CLA, the new Audi A1, the BMW Z4, the Skoda Kamiq and the fourth-gen SsangYong Korando.
The Korean model, by the way, is the first SsangYong to win 5 Stars from the Euro NCAP ( the European New Car Assessment Program). Its standard equipment list is good enough to make the car competitive.
We remind that vehicles are tested and evaluated in four areas: Adult Occupant, Child Occupant, Vulnerable Road Users and Safety Assist.
- The SsangYong Korando‘s ratings are: 88% Adult Occupant, 85% Child Occupant, 68% Vulnerable Road Users and 74% Safety Assist.
2. The Skoda Kamiq can boast 96% Adult Occupant, 85% Child Occupant, 80% Vulnerable Road Users and 76% Safety Assist.
3. The Mercedes EQC is the first from the EQ lineup of the brand. It joined to other Euro NCAP’s all-electric testees with high results – the Jaguar I-Pace and Audi e-tron.
Its ratings are 96% Adult Occupant, 90% Child Occupant, 75% Vulnerable Road Users and 75% Safety Assist.
4. The latest Mercedes-Benz CLA scored more than 90% in three of the four area: 96% Adult Occupant, 91% Child Occupant, 91% Vulnerable Road Users and 75% Safety Assist.
5. The BMW Z4 two-seat roadster impressed by its vulnerable road users protection level – 91% (better than it could be). Its scores are 97% Adult Occupant, 87% Child Occupant, 91% Vulnerable Road Users and 76% Safety Assist.
6. The new Audi A1 repeated its five-star rating of 2010 thanks to ‘Audi Pre Sense Front’ and its standard AEB system.
95% Adult Occupant, 85% Child Occupant, 73% Vulnerable Road Users and 80% Safety Assist.
7. The Ford Focus is the 5 Star winner of 2018. In 2019, it has improved the seats and head restraints design. Now the car demonstrates good whiplash protection in rear-end collisions and excellent AEB city performance.
96% Adult Occupant, 87% Child Occupant, 72% Vulnerable Road Users and 75% Safety Assist.