Winners of the 2020 World Car of the Year have been announced.
This is the 16th year in a row when the contest takes place. The annual World Car Awards are the No.1 awards program in the world.
The event does not compete with existing national and regional Car of the Year programs, but complement them.
This year winners are
- World Car of the Year – Kia Telluride. Rivals: Mazda3 (2nd), Mazda CX-30 (3rd)
- World Luxury Car – Porsche Taycan. Rivals: Porsche 911, Mercedes-Benz EQC
- World Performance Car – Porsche Taycan. Rivals: Porsche 911, Porsche 718
- World Urban Car – Kia Soul. Rivals: Volkswagen T-Cross, MINI Cooper SE Electric
- World Car Design of the Year – Mazda3. Rivals: Porsche Taycan, Peugeot 208
The Porsche Taycan, as we can see, was nominated in three categories and won in two, having proved its success.
The Mazda 3 showed itself a capable model too. It was nominated in two categories and got one award.
The Grand Prix of the Kia Telluride is well deserved, and it is one of numerous awards of this model. The SUV has become popular immediately at start.