Kia EV9, the brand’s all-electric flagship is undergoing durability tests at the company’s global Namyang R&D Center in South Korea.
Kia has announced it will unveil the 3-row EV9 SUV in the first quarter of the next year. Naturally, the actual premiere date will be disclosed later.
The vehicle has been under development for 44 months. Now it is in the final phase of testing. Kia is verifying the model on a rough terrain track, a 4WD climbing hill, and a deep-water wading.
In addition to the Korean Research and Design Center, the EV9 has been also subjected to exacting testing programs in various locations worldwide.
What Are You, 2024 Kia EV9?
- This is a sophisticated, high-tech, revolutionary and sustainable vehicle riding on Kia’s advanced E-GMP architecture (Electric Global Modular Platform).
- Dimensions: 4930 x 2055 x 1790 mm, and the wheelbase is 3100 mm.
- The driving range is 300 miles on a single charge.
- The EV9 can be charged from 10% to 80% in 20-30 min from a 350-kW DC fast charger.
- The exterior features a cubic design, 22-inch aerodynamic wheels, vertical lights, a grille with Digital Tiger Face and Star Cloud pattern, a large greenhouse, and a panoramic roof.
- The interior is airy and easily accessible thanks to hinged doors and the absence of a central pillar, though it may appear in a production version.
Inside, there is an oval-shaped steering wheel, a front panel with a 27-inch ultra-wide display, and three rows of seats rotating 180 degrees. The interior can be transformed into three modes: Active Mode when the vehicle is in a move, Pause Mode and Enjoy Mode when unmoved.