The highly-anticipated 2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz creates an entirely new vehicle category of sport adventure vehicles (SAV).
The dual-purpose model breaks new ground within the SUV/Crossover and Truck segments: it is good either for urban use or for countryside outdoor activities.
The Santa Cruz features a sophisticated design, powerful and efficient powertrains, cutting-edge connectivity, a highly maneuverable all-wheel-drive platform.
Its highlight is a multi-utility flexible bed that provides a secure open area including a lockable tonneau cover, hidden bed storage, versatile bed extension accessories.
Hyundai will begin production of the vehicle in Montgomery, Alabama in June. The model goes on sale in the summer of 2021.
Dimensions: 195.7 in long, 75.0 in wide, 66.7 in high. The wheelbase is 118.3 in. The bed length is upper 48.4 in, lower 52.1 in.
1 inch (in) = 25.4 millimeters (mm)
- a hidden lighting signature visible within the grille when illuminated;
- daytime running lamps (DRLs) presenting a parametric jewel design;
- a cascading grille supported by a skid plate element in the lower front fascia;
- voluminous hood and fenders;
- large multi-faceted, triangular-design 20-inch alloy wheels with armor-like wheel arches;
- a horizontal “T” lighting signature at the rear;
- rear tail lamps embossed with “Designed in California”.
2022 Santa Cruz Key Features:
- Remote Engine Start that allows warming up or cooling down the vehicle remotely;
- Remote Profile Management – stores select vehicle settings to the Blue Link cloud, able to remotely update and push back to the vehicle, personalized to driver preferences;
- Remote Start Enhancements – seat heating and ventilation for each individual seat and individual driver settings for seating position/side mirrors;
- Vehicle Status Notifications that warns the driver when the vehicle is left with doors unlocked or windows open;
- POI Send to Car now with Waypoints – the ability to add up to 3 waypoints, which are delivered to the vehicle together, and automatically set order of destinations;
- Maintenance Alert Enhancement – maintenance interval tracking visible in the multimedia system, can be reset.