The digital debut of the Hyundai Ioniq 5 for North America happened yesterday, on May 24, 2021. The vehicle brings many innovations.
This is the first representative of Hyundai’s new family of dedicated electric vehicles. The Ioniq 6, a midsize sedan, the Ioniq 7, a large SUV will follow after.
2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5 Highlights:
- Ultra-fast 800-volt multi-charging (10% to 80% in 18 min)
- Vehicle-to-Load (V2L) function to power small appliances, devices, other EVs
- Driving range of 300 miles
- New Electric-Global Modular Platform (E-GMP) to improve performance, enhance driving dynamics and optimize interior volume
- Eco-friendly materials and nature-inspired colors at many touchpoints
- In-car payment system
- unlimited 30-min charging sessions for customers for 2 years on Electrify America’s network
The Hyundai Ioniq 5 goes on sale this fall with a pre-reservation program for early purchasers offering special benefits.
Source: Hyundai USA