The Chevrolet Silverado ZR2 and its sibling from GMC – the Sierra AT4X will be available for the 2022i model year.
‘ZR’ and ‘AT4X’ are off-road packages. They are more capable than most specifications for the Ram 1500 Rebel and the Ford F-150 Tremor, and cheaper than the Ram 1500 TRX and the new Ford F-150 Raptor.
The 2022i model year is a “shortened” model year, for which the 2022 Sierra and the 2022 Silverado will wear a ‘Limited’ designation. The normal 2022 model year refresh was delayed due to the COVID-19 issues.
Once the 2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Limited and GMC Sierra 1500 Limited run their course, the AT4X and ZR2 versions will launch.
Well, the main news is that the Chevy1500 Silverado ZR2 and the GMC Sierra AT4X will arrive. As for these confusing designations related to the shortened model year – they are not so important.
Muscle Cars & Trucks shared some details about the equipment the Sierra 1500 AT4X will have:
- Unique exterior badges and interior details
- Crew Cab configuration, exclusively
- Improved departure and approach angles
- Multimatic DSSV Dampers
- 33-inch Goodyear Wrangler tires
- GM Global B electrical architecture (GM VIP) and encrypted control modules.
- 6.2L L87 V8 engine
- 10-speed automatic transmission
- 2-inch lift compared to the base Sierra 1500
- Unique chassis tuning
- Skid plates to protect underbody parts
Expect the Chevrotet Silverado ZR2 to have similar features.