The 2023 Ford Mustang Mach-E comes with updates and hefty price tags. Order banks for the new model reopened yesterday.
The Ford Mustang Mach-E is the 2nd best-selling electric SUV in the USA now: its sales have been rising as well as its production volumes. Currently, customers have a chance to order new vehicles: a new wave of ordering opened on August 25, 2022, the automaker reports.
Besides, existing unscheduled 2022MY orders are converted to a 2023 model year.
The 2023 Mach-E is significantly more expensive than its predecessor. We must admit this Ford model is not the only one affected by the price increase. The 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning prices grew by $6,000-8,000 across the lineup too.
The base Mustang Mach-E now costs $3K more, the range-topping GT variant is $7,900 more expensive, the Premium trim sees a price hike of $6,200, and the California Route 1 trim’s price tag adds $8,100. Even the destination and handling fee increased from $1,100 to $1,300.
Overall, the new 2023 pricing before all fees, charges, taxes, and options looks like this:
- Select RWD Standard Range $46,895
- Select eAWD Standard Range $49,595
- California Route 1 eAWD Extended Range $63,575
- Premium RWD Standard Range $54,975
- Premium eAWD Standard Range $57,675
- GT Extended Range $69,895.
In addition, the 2023 Ford Mustang Mach-E is available with the following options at extra pay: an $8,600 Extended Range Battery, an $800 Nite Pony Appearance Package, and a $6,000 GT Performance Package.
What Are the Real Improvements For This Money?
- Premium Extended Range AWD models have a larger driving range: 290 miles (+13 miles)
- Ford Co-Pilot360 Driver Assist becomes standard for all trim levels
- A new Nite Pony Package is added for the 2023 Mach-e
- Two new colors – Carbonized Gray Metallic and Vapor Blue Metallic – are added to the color palette (8 colors are available in total)
- California Route 1 now comes only as an all-wheel drive option
- The panoramic fixed-glass roof replaces the Black Painted Roof on GT and GT Performance Edition
Why We Think the Mustang Mach-E Deserves Buying
This is one of the vehicles to truly rival a Tesla (Y or X). The Mach-E’s starting price is still lower than the Model Y’s. Moreover, we can say the Ford electric SUV has a higher-quality interior and a more user-friendly touchscreen.
The real advantages of the Model Y over the Mach-e are a larger range of up to 330 miles, quicker charging speeds, and access to the Supercharger network making the Tesla vehicle a more reasonable choice for long-distance trips. The Model Y is a 7-seater and, unlike the Mach-E, it is rated to tow a trailer.
While the Volkswagen ID.4 echoes many highlights of the Mustang Mach-e (agility, standard safety features, interior space), the Ford is the better vehicle overall including its longer driving range.
The Mach-e is more powerful, more upscale inside, and more expensive now, but significantly less fuel-efficient and slightly less spacious for passengers than the Hyundai Ioniq 5, at the relative parity of driving ranges, user-friendliness, and cargo room.