Today the Ford Expedition Timberline Off-Grid concept vehicle debuts at the Overland Expo East in Arrington, Virginia.
Ford has developed a one-off model on the basis of the new 2022 Ford Expedition Timberline. The Ford Expedition Timberline Off-Grid concept focuses on multi-day off-roading functionality and ease of use.
The Timberline itself is the most off-road capable version of the Ford Expedition. The new Off-Grid concept is even more extreme, as it offers off-road hardware and accessories for adventurers to trek hard-to-reach landscapes: remote lakes and deserts, hard-to-reach mountainside trails.
- raised stance
- FOX Performance Elite Series 2.5-inch shocks adding 2 inches to the Expedition’s 10.6-inch ground clearance
- custom DeeZee Rock Rail Hoop Steps
- CG Detroit custom topographic wrap over factory Forged Green color
- 17-inch Method Race Wheels with 35-inch all-terrain tires
- Turtleback Expedition Series Trailer for an extended cross-country trip, whose equipment includes a stove, a sink, drop-down tables, a water tank and a water heater, a pancake propane tank, a fridge and a 100W solar panel
- Thule Tepui Explorer tent
- Factory-available transmission shield
- Overland Vehicle Systems’ Nomadic 180-degree awning
- Wild Land portable privacy room shower
- Rigid light bars, rigid spotlights, a switch turning the lights red for stargazers
- EZ STAK custom aluminum dual storage drawer unit
- Custom Luno camping mattress with room for two
- Base Extender
- Window shades
- Portable USB fan
- Clarios AGM battery
Ford displays the Expedition Timberline Off-Grid concept from Friday thru Sunday at the Overland Expo East at Oak Ridge Estates in Arrington, Virginia. On November 2-5, 2021, the vehicle will be shown at the Specialty Equipment Market Association event in Las Vegas.