In a year or so, we’ll probably see a new full-size three-row SUV from Jeep. It is about the revived Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer.
The new vehicle designed for the USA will top the brand’s lineup.
When it arrives, the Jeep Wagoneer will compete with such models as the Lincoln Navigator, Ford Expedition, Cadillac Escallade. We expect the debut in late 2020.
The original model was in production between 1963-1991. We have heard about a possible launch of the new Wagoneer over the past 5 years. Jeep released the teaser photos of the Grand Wagoneer in 2016.
There are several spy photos revealing a Jeep Grand Wagoneer with an independent rear suspension.
What is already known about the upcoming model? We can recall at least 5 facts:
- It will be based on the modified Ram’s 1500 body-on-frame platform
- There will be a hybrid model with eTorque tecnology. Engines: diesel 3.6-liter V6, 5.7-liter Hemi V8 combined with a ZF 8-speed automatic transmission and four-wheel drive. Possible powertrains: plug-in hybrid and mild-hybrid 48-volt ones
- The short-wheelbase Wagoneer and the long-wheelbase Grand Wagoneer versions will be available;
- The model will go into production in early 2021 at FCA’s Warren Truck assembly plant in Michigan
- Estimated prices will be from $45,000 for the Wagoner and $55,000 for the Grand Wagoneer.
Source: Car and Driver