American Experts Picked Best Cars of the Year 2019: TOP 10
Consumer Reports (an authoritative American car magazine) has published its annual ranking of the best new cars based on track and crush tests results, owner satisfaction and reliability surveys.
When assessing the vehicles present on the US car market, the experts took into consideration such qualities as key safety features the cars had (this year only vehicles that include AEB (automatic emergency braking) as standard were considered), performance, fuel economy, technologies.
There is a winner in each of 10 segments, the overall TOP 10 list of Best Cars of the Year looks like this:
- Midsized SUV: Subaru Ascent. Price as tested: $43,867;
- Midsized Car: Toyota Camry Hybrid. Price as tested: $28,949;
- Compact Luxury Car: Audi A4. Price as tested: $48,890;
- Subcompact SUV: Hyundai Kona. Price as tested: $25,025;
- Subcompact Car: Toyota Yaris. Price as tested: $17,570;
- Large Car: Toyota Avalon Hybrid. Price as tested: $38,643;
- Luxury SUV: BMW X5. Price as tested: $68,730;
- Hybrid/Electric Car: Toyota Prius. Price as tested: $27,323;
- Compact SUV: Subaru Forester. Price as tested: $29,341;
- Full-Sized Truck: Ford F-150. Price as tested: $52,535.
Source: Consumer Reports