Today the Blue Oval has unveiled its most powerful-ever Ford F-150 Raptor R. Order books for the model open.
The 2023 Ford F-150 Raptor R extreme off-roader has debuted today. The vehicle packs 700 horsepower and 640 pound-feet of torque from a new supercharged 5.2-liter V8 engine – a true Predator with proper sound and fury.
It is less than the Ram 1500 TRX’s supercharged 6.2L HEMI V8 with 702 hp and 650 lb-ft. The Ford truck is 400 pounds lighter than the TRX and has bigger heavier tires. And certainly, it is not just the engine you pay for when buying the F-150 Raptor R.
Distinguishers of 2023 F-150 Raptor R
- Specially tuned, long-travel suspension with FOX Live Valve shocks
- Standard class-exclusive 37-inch tires
- 10-speed SelectShift transmission with improved calibration
- Best-in-class 13.1-inch ground clearance
- Desert-inspired graphics
- Power dome on the hood
- Black interior in carbon fiber with signature Ford Performance Code Orange accents
- Enhanced front axle and torque converter
- Unique dual exhaust system
- Normal, Sport, Quiet, and Baja modes
- MyMode feature to customize multiple settings: drive, steering, suspension, others
- Wheel travel of 13 inches in front and 14.1 inches in back
- Smart off-road tech: Trail Turn Assist, Ford Trail Control, and Trail 1-Pedal Drive
- Standard 12-inch touchscreen with SYNC 4 technology
- Ford Power-Up over-the-air software update capability
- 8 color options
The new Ford F-150 Raptor R’s base price is $109,145. Wow, too much, unaffordable for many, we think, plus about $27K more than the 2022 F-150 Raptor with 37-inch tires, and by $32,265 more expensive than the mail rival Ram 1500 TRX.
Let’s see which will be the sales.
Customers can already place orders now. Production begins this fall, so, by the end of 2022, deliveries should start.