The all-new 2024 Mazda CX-90 made its North American debut on January 31, 2023. As always, the automaker designed it with the driver in mind.
The Mazda CX-90 flagship SUV has three rows for up to 8 passengers. This model embodies all the best that Mazda has by today: sleek exterior design, a well-crafted interior, intuitive technology and safety, responsive and powerful performance.
- An all-new large platform with a front-engine, rear-wheel-bias longitudinal layout
- Kinematic Posture Control software feature
- Standard i-Activ all-wheel drive
- Standard i-Activsense safety features
- All-new, specifically designed 8-speed automatic transmission
- An e-Skyactiv G 3.3L Inline 6 Turbo engine as part of the M-Hybrid Boost 48-volt mild-hybrid system with a total output of 340 hp and 369 lb-ft of torque when using premium fuel or 280 hp and 332 lb-ft with regular fuel
- a new e-Skyactiv PHEV powertrain with a total output of 323 hp and 369 lb-ft that consists of a tuned 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine, an electric motor, and a 17.8 kWh high-capacity battery
- Nappa leather, wood, tone-on-tone fabrics, chrome trim
- A distinctive fabric on the dash connected with hanging stitches in the Kumihimo weaving technique
- Captain’s chairs
- Physical buttons
- 3rd-row USB-C charging ports
- Upgraded lighting
- a See-Through View Monitor that assists in various parking situations thru a 12.3-inch center display
Adding the CX-90 to its lineup, Mazda continues to change the game. Each new Mazda model is better than the previous one. The company assures the CX-90 is the most technologically advanced Mazda ever. It comes with three powertrain options and 11 packages.
The new model goes into production in Japan this month. In late March, Mazda will start accepting customer pre-orders, and the first CX-90 vehicles should begin arriving at U.S. dealerships in April 2023.
Expect a pure electric CX-90 to eventually join, and an all-new 2-row Mazda CX-70 SUV is around the corner.
The 2024 Mazda CX-90 is a successor to the Cx-9, although these two will probably co-exist on the market for some time, The Cx-90 is larger and more premium: it adds more space, electrified power on the rear-drive-biased platform, and a new design language.
It is considered that the Mazda Cx-9 is a direct competitor of the Hyundai Palisade or the Kia Telluride, but what about the CX-90? – The Volvo XC90 in mild hybrid and plug-in hybrid variants seems to be the closest rival to the Mazda CX-90, as well as the Lincoln Aviator. The latter has higher performance and price, but a rear-drive platform, and a plug-in hybrid option.
UPDATE of Feb. 7, 2023: the MSRP for the 2024 Mazda Cx-90 is between $40,970 and $61,325 including a destination and handling fee of $1,375, before taxes, title, or additional charges,
Leave a Reply