The fifth generation of the Subaru WRS performance car has entered its second model year with new pricing and minor updates.
The carmaker has announced pricing for the 2023 Subaru WRX. It will be available in dealer showrooms in the spring of 2023 in Base, Premium, Limited, and GT trim levels.
The GT models come with some exclusive features, such as Recaro Performance Design front seats or electronically controlled dampers.
- Standard turbocharged Boxer engine with 2.4 liters and 271 horsepower
- Subaru Performance Transmission (SPT)
- EyeSight Driver Assist Technology with Advanced Adaptive Cruise Control
- Subaru Starlink 11.6-inch Multimedia Plus infotainment system
- Option package ($1,875) offering an 11-speaker Harman Kardon Speaker System plus Power Moonroof
The base WRX costs $31,625, WRX Premium is $34,125, and WRX Limited is $38,515 – those are the cars with a 6-speed manual transmission.
The variants equipped with an automatic SPT are $1,850-2,250 more expensive, depending on the configuration. The range-topping GT costs $44,415. All the prices include a $1,020 destination and delivery.
The previous 2022 Subaru WRX prices were $1,500 lower.
Strengths and Weaknesses
The Subaru WRX is a good car, fun-to-drive and athletic, with terrific handling and a punchy powertrain, comfy front seats, and a user-friendly infotainment system. Unlike many other compact vehicles, it offers standard all-wheel drive.
However, when it comes to trunk size, interior quality, or gas mileage, the WRX is inferior to many rivals. Also, the price is not a strong point of the model. Nevertheless, the WRX is an acceptable choice for a daily commute.