Now we know which updates the Subaru Ascent 3-row SUV has received for the new model year.
The 2023 Subaru Ascent Facelift debuted the other day, the automaker informs. Its pricing is unannounced yet. It will be probably slightly higher than the starting price of $32,795 for the current 2022 model (8-passenger base one).
Subaru Ascent vs Rivals
Despite the fact the Subaru Ascent’s engine is powerful enough and combines well with the continuously variable automatic transmission to deliver quick acceleration, some critics say the engine power of the model is weaker than several competitors.
The Honda Pilot provides a similar passenger room but more cargo space (plus 20 cu.ft.). It has better performance due to a V6 making 20 hp more than the Ascent’s turbo-four engine. The Ascent offers more standard infotainment tech and comes with standard all-wheel drive, while it is just an option in the Pilot.
The Mazda CX-9 is sportier and more engaging to drive, and the Volkswagen Atlas offers more room for the 3rd-row passengers.
Like the Ascent, the Kia Telluride offers plenty of cargo and passenger space, handles some light off-roading. In general, Kia’s SUV is a better pick: in particular, it has a more powerful standard 291-hp V6 engine, and a larger standard touchscreen of the intuitive infotainment system.
Sales of the 2023 Subaru Ascent will begin in the fall of 2022.
NEW for 2023
- Enhanced standard EyeSight Driver Assist Technology with Wide-Angle Mono Camera
- Standard wireless Apple /Android Auto
- Standard high-resolution 11.6-inch touchscreen of the Starlink Multimedia
- Gloss black and chrome front grille
- Updated exterior trim and accents
- Redesigned front and rear lights
- Geometric wheel design
- Newly available 360-degree Surround View Monitor
- Available Dual-Function X-MODE with settings for snow/dirt and deep snow/mud
- Available Cabin Connect to let the driver talk to all passengers by sending voice to rear speakers
- Ungraded Onyx Edition with more standard features and a new option package
- Subaru’s Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive
- Hill Descent Control for good all-weather and trail-driving capability
- Active Torque Vectoring
- 86.5 cubic feet of cargo room with second and third rows folded
- 7- or 8-passenger seating
- Subaru’s high-torque Lineartronic CVT with an 8-speed manual mode
- Steering wheel paddle shifters for added control
- 5,000-pound towing capacity with standard Trailer Stability Assist
- 2.4-liter 260-hp turbocharged SUBARU BOXER engine
- 5 trim levels: Base, Premium, Onyx Edition, Limited, and Touring
- Decent range of standard safety and technology features
- Adult-friendly seating
- Above-average cargo capacity
- Standard all-wheel drive
- User-friendly infotainment controls
- Ground clearance of 8.7 inches
- Suspension system tuned for a comfortable ride
- Accurate steering