The fifth-generation Kia Sportage presents its new exterior and interior.
Today Kia has officially released the official images of the all-new Sportage. The vehicle introduces the brand’s ‘Opposites United’ design philosophy and the cutting-edge ergonomic interior. The model is the result of a collaborative work of Kia’s design team in Korea, Germany, the USA, and China.
‘Opposites United’ is at the core of the 2023 Sportage. Its principles will impact all future Kia designs, give them the same basic DNA.
Five pillars form this design philosophy: Joy for Reason, Power to Progress, Technology for Life, Tension for Serenity, and Bold for Nature. The last pillar influence the design creation of the all-new Kia Sportage.
Key Exterior Features:
- A detail-orientated black grille graphic stretching across the width of the face
- Technical graphic pulls together the main frontal features and crafts an imposing front volume
- The Tiger Nose grille links to the distinctive boomerang-shaped daytime running lamps, which in turn create solid boundary lines for headlamps
- The simplicity of the main surfaces at the front, including the pronounced bumper
- A side profile stays true to its sports utility DNA
- A black roof is now available to accentuate the sporting profile and highlight a dynamic C-pillar that encompasses a deconstructed look
- A chrome beltline kicks up onto the rear and into the D-pillar, creating harmonious lines with the rear spoiler
- Broad shoulders at the rear
- Rear lamps give the impression that they cut into the body with fine precision, forming the outline of the rear lamp graphic and the main section of the tailgate
- Razor rear lamps are connected by a slim horizontal design
- A lower rear bumper uses the same philosophy as the frontal technical black grille connecting rear design elements
Key Interior Features:
- Intuitive and innovative, easy-to-use and soft-to-touch driver-orientated space
- A sculpted integrated curved display with a slim crush touchscreen pad and finely detailed air vents
- The high-tech touchscreen pad and an advanced integrated controller provide connectivity, functionality, usability
- An ergonomic center console finished with a high-end gloss combines convenience with luxury
- High-quality materials, vibrant color options, energizing finishing techniques including chrome and pad print
- Driver and front passenger seats combine hi-tech, comfort, and slim shell design
- Hanger-type designs within the slim headrests at the rear
- A signature sage green or black seating, bold quilting, and black metal wood
Global market launch of the model will take place later this year. More information on the 2023 KIa Sportage will be available in due course.