The new-generation Honda Accord midsize sedan has debuted. Let’s consider what is new.
The Japanese automaker has introduced the next 11th generation of its popular model – the 2023 Honda Accord. The engineering team paid special attention to hybrid versions (Sport, EX-L, Sport-L, and Touring) which account for half of Honda sales in America: they become more advanced, responsive, and sportier.
In addition to the modernized exterior and interior, Honda increased chassis rigidity, made updates to suspension and steering, and upgraded the continuously variable automatic transmission to reduce noise.
The Accord hybrid models now feature a new, more powerful, and refined fourth-generation two-motor hybrid-electric system that consists of an all-new 2L 4-cylinder engine and two electric motors with the combined output of 204 hp and 247 (up 15) pound-feet of torque.
Non-hybrid LX and EX variants come with a 1.5-liter turbo-four engine that has been also improved.
There are 4 selectable drive modes for the new model: Econ, Normal, Sport, and a new Individual mode for hybrid Accords.
2023 Model’s Key Features
- Enhanced global Honda Architecture
- New-gen airbags
- Standard displays – a 10.2-inch instrumentation one and a 7-inch touchscreen compatible with Apple CarPlay & Android Auto
- A 12.3-inch color touchscreen for top trims
- Google Built-in including Google Assistant/Google Maps/ Goodge Play capability with the latest apps and services
- New Over the Air (OTA) software updates
- Standard Honda Sensing system including Low-Speed Braking Control, Traffic Sign Recognition, and Traffic Jam Assist.
Why the Honda Accord Is a Terrific Car
The model represents an outstanding combination of quality and value. It is the best sedan for money and for family. In fact, it has no flaws at all, except for the all-wheel drive unavailability.
If you prefer all-wheel drive, there are other cars you should consider, like the Nissan Altima, Toyota Camry, Subaru Legacy, or Kia K5.
The list of the Honda Accord‘s advantages includes plenty of standard tech and safety features, a nice balance of performance and fuel economy, poised ride and handling, user-friendly touchscreens, a comfy and roomy cabin, plus a spacious trunk.
No wonder the Accord is in high demand.