The Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat returns for the 2023 model year. Order books will open in September 2022.
If suddenly you have forgotten or have not known which the most powerful SUV on the planet is, we remind you that this is the Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat. Under the hood, it bears a supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI Hellcat V8 engine that delivers 710 horsepower and 645 pound-feet of torque.
First introduced for 2021, the vehicle “has generated a crazy amount of enthusiasm”, as said by CEO Tim Kuniskis, and the company is bringing the SUV back as “part of our historic 2023 model-year Dodge lineup”.
Stellantis has unveiled the 2023 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat during the 1st day of the 3-day Dodge Speed Week event in Pontiac, Michigan.
So, Dodge’s SRT Hellcat portfolio includes Challenger, Charger, and Durango now. The Durango SRT Hellcat lineup itself is expanded to SXT, GT, R/T, Citadel, and SRT 392.
- 0-60 mph acceleration in 3.5 seconds
- 11.5 seconds of a quarter-mile time
- A top speed of 180 mph
- A towing capability of 8,700 pounds
- Standard electric power steering (EPS) with selectable steering tuning
- A 10.1-inch Uconnect infotainment system with unique features (Smoke Show animation, Mode person, Serpentine font, model-specific icons with Dodge stripe and Durango graphics)
- All-wheel drive
- A TorqueFlite 8HP95 8-speed automatic transmission with 7 Drive modes – Auto, Sport, Track, Snow, Tow, Eco, and Valet.
- SRT Drive modes with Street (Auto), Sport and Track, Custom settings
- Launch Control and Launch Assist
- Brembo high-performance calipers
- Vented rotors at all 4 corners measuring 15.75 inches (front) and 13.8 inches (rear)
- Specific tuning, weight distribution, wheelbase, and reduced understeer
- A specifically tuned exhaust system to deliver Dodge DNA sound
The 2023 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat will be available at dealers early next year.
Our Take on the Model
This is a great choice for families with an active lifestyle and not bothering about fuel economy. The Durango is nearly unrivaled in the midsize SUV segment when it comes to hauling and towing ability. Its cabin with room for 7 is upscale and spacious, and it offers an easy-to-use infotainment system.
However in tight areas, the vehicle’s maneuverability is not nice, and it has cumbersome handling and fewer standard safety features than most competitors.