The automaker has introduced the next-generation Grand Cherokee. What does the model draw attention by? The 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee brings a new architecture and a plug-in hybrid powertrain, new exterior and interior design, adds the ultimate 4×4 Trailhawk version.
A long-awaited fifth-generation 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee has made its official debut. The manufacturer says this is “the most technologically advanced, luxurious and 4×4-capable Grand Cherokee ever”.
The vehicle’s new flexible platform allows for two different wheelbases and lengths, as well as electrification. The model lineup joins the Grand Cherokee 4xe plug-in hybrid for the first time.
The 2022 model offers Laredo, Altitude, Limited, Overland, all-new Trailhawk, Summit and Summit Reserve grades. An all-aluminum 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 engine is standard, a 5.7-liter V8 is available on the Overland and higher trims.
- 3 available 4×4 systems – Quadra-Trac I, Quadra-Trac II and Quadra-Drive II
- Jeep Quadra-Lift air suspension with electronic semi-active damping, provides up to 11.3 inches of ground clearance and 24 inches of water fording
- Sway Bar Disconnect delivering improved articulation and traction over rough terrain and rocks
- Max towing of 7,200 pounds
- Uconnect 5 technology including a 10.1-inch display, 5-times-faster operating speed and over-the-air updates
- Available exclusive 10.25-inch front passenger interactive display and 10.1-inch rear seat entertainment displays with built-in Amazon Fire TV
Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe
The all-new 4xe powertrain comprises a 2.0-liter turbocharged I4, two electric motors and an 8-speed automatic transmission. The total output is 375 hp and 470 lb.-ft. of torque. The 4xe propulsion system comes for the Limited and higher levels, including the Trailhawk 4xe for the first time ever.
The Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe carries a 400V 17-kWh battery, has an estimated 25 miles of electric-only range, 57 MPGe of fuel economy, and a combined driving range of over 440 miles.
Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
This modification further elevates the 4×4 capability of the model. It features standard all-terrain tires, an integrated off-road camera, Quadra-Lift air suspension with 11.3” ground clearance, improved breakover, approach and departure angles, the Quadra-Drive II active transfer case with rear electronic limited-slip differential and Selec-Terrain.
The Trailhawk’s exterior features blue tow hooks, 18-inch wheels with blue accents, black-and-blue matte “Trailhawk” glare-proof hood decal.
The 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee will arrive at North America’s dealerships in the fourth quarter of this year. Sales of the plug-in hybrid 4xe should start in early 2022 in the USA and Canada, and then in global markets.
Leave a Reply