Honda has debuted the 2022 Civic Hatchback built on the 2022 Civic Sedan and inspired by the coupe-like profile of European sportbacks.
The premiere took place during the Civic Tour “Remix” performance on the Honda Stage YouTube Channel.
The 5-door, fun-to-drive Honda Civic Hatchback with a flexible interior targets young buyers. This version offers an upgraded six-speed manual transmission that is available with either a naturally-aspirated 2.0-liter engine or a 1.5-liter 180-hp/177 lb-ft turbocharged one.
The Civic Hatchback includes all updates made to the 2022 Civic Sedan, namely a new standard single-camera Honda Sensing suite, a 9-inch color touchscreen, a Bose premium sound system, and a 10.2-inch all-digital instrument display.
New Features Include:
- Sporty exterior + simple, clean interior design with improved outward visibility
- Lightweight composite hatch structure
- 19 percent increase in torsional rigidity
- 1.6-inches wider cargo opening
- Distinct front-end styling
- Short-throw 6-speed manual transmission
- Boost Blue Pearl and Smoky Mauve Pearl exterior colors
Production of the model will begin later this year at Honda’s Greensburg, Indiana factory, for the first time in the USA.