The year of 2021 is coming to its end, and the best models of the year are getting honors from various automotive experts. Recently Kelley Blue Book has named its 2022 Best Buy Award winners and the Best New Model – it is the 2022 Ford Maverick.
As usual, KBB has presented its annual list of best buys. The 2022 Ford Maverick gains the Best New Model title.
KBB’s Best Buy Award program includes the categories of vehicles that are currently available on the market (the U.S. in this case). Kelley Blue Book editors test-drove them and meticulously checked throughout the year to choose a winner in each category and the best newcomer.
To find itself at the top of KBB’s list, a model should represent the best combination of affordability, low ownership, operating costs, reliability, dependability, and to offer comfort, convenience, nice handling, the latest driver-assist, safety, and infotainment tech.
So, this year we have the following winners (all are 2022 models):
- Ford Maverick as the Best New Model
- Honda Civic as the Best Compact Car
- Honda Accord as the Best Midsize Car
- Kia Seltos as the Best Subcompact SUV
- Toyota RAV4 as the Best Compact SUV
- Hyundai Santa Fe as the Best 2-Row Midsize SUV
- Kia Telluride as the Best 3-Row Midsize SUV
- Ford Expedition as the Best Full-Size SUV
- Ford Maverick as the Best Compact Pickup Truck
- Toyota Tacoma as the Best Midsize Pickup Truck
- Ford F-150 as the Best Full-Size Pickup Truck
- Toyota Sienna as the Best Minivan
- Ford Mustang Mach-E as the Best Electric Vehicle
- Toyota RAV4 Prime as the Best Plug-in Hybrid Vehicle
- Lexus ES as the Best Luxury Car
- Mercedes-Benz GLA as the Best Subcompact Luxury SUV
- Genesis GV70 as the Best Compact Luxury SUV
- Genesis GV80 as the Best Midsize Luxury SUV
Predictable, isn’t it?